Monday, August 25, 2014

Pseudo Old School Sell Out on Humble Bundelö [ AKA MODERN RETRO...how lame wtf ]

Our beloved software industry destroying Humble Bundle has spit out a bundle of six "nostalgic" oldschool designed indie titles. Perfect. I am so frustrated by Wargame European Escalation and I can not concentrate on BF4 or the never ending infinite BioShock (I really know now why it is called BioShock Infinite). So. Let me have a look.




First we have NEStalgia. It wants, of course, same G** account. And it offers Steam, but the actual steam account is not linked. So you are left with the G** option to make another G** account. HOW G** is that FOR F*** SAKE. Funny is btw if you want to close the G** new account option it wants to open some G** ielayer.dll in my Firefox Browser. HOW G**.
Yeah turns out you need Internet Explorer to play this.
Ok. Then F*** off NEStalgia. Sad somehow, a MMRPG with NES graphics has its flair !!!



Next up is ehm..*sighs*...Tiny Barbarian DX. This is actually fun and really close to some f***ed up hybrid of a C64 and a early EGA dos game. I do not have the patience right now, but the five minutes I played it was worth the one 0.75 euro I spend on this game. Annoying was that it scrolled sometimes and sometimes not. Ah. The music is really classic !! Have to check out their bandcamp page !!!





Bored yet ? Well. First I've read Full Bored, but the next game is actually called "Full Bore". OK. A somewhat unspecified graphic is coming up. Saying next to nothing about the game, combined with some water flowing and birds humming sounds perfectly mysterious.
I do not want to spoil this one. Just one thing : You actually play a bore. Yes. And its lovely animated. I have no clue about the story. And I am too impatient for it right now. But surly some day. This is on my list, just because I want to know what the **** the point of this interesting creation is.




A game that actually meets my current emotional state is Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures.
You are some smörk sitting with your smörk friends in your cellar then WUZZAAA youre beamed into a shitty old school computer game with a floating bee thing and jumpy challenges. The good thing: Toilet humor and bad language, the bad thing: It is really stressfull and well its a platformer nevertheless. I am too old for platformers. BUT this is worth further studies, so I will get back to it someday for sure soonish.

 


And now Ladies and Gentlmen, for the last one : Super Amazing Wagon Adventure.
And that one is a very funny joke. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Well it is a nice idea, has the right feeling, but I exactly could play it 2 minutes and 14 seconds then I had to panic-rage quit via taskmanager. IT HURTS.
LOL. Play it, it is an experience, BUT IT HURTS.





This concludes my test of the Humble Bundle - Modern Retro Bundle. Thank you. I am not sure it was worth the money, but hey, you only live once, and actually the Boar game has a real decent feeling. I want to play that again. The nerd thing is funny, but stressful. The MORPG nes thingy seems interesting, but not sure if I ever will get past the login interface tbh. So. Next ?

No comments:

Post a Comment