Sunday, August 31, 2014

IWUTE Test (I woke up too early test) - The Darkness II



The screenshots look promising. "The Darkness II". Never heard of it. Can not remember where I bought it. Probably in the 2k Humble Bundle.

Some horror FPS. Well. I should not blow brainz out before breakfast and coffee, but ah what the hell.


[ AFTER THE FIRST RUN ]
If you know nothing about it - PLAY IT WITHOUT READING THE REVIEW OF THIS GAME BELOW, PLEASE.

(btw, dont miss the "what happend in darkness 1" monolog ingame by this guy in the picture, its hillarious)

[FIRST RUN - About 35 minutes]

Eat before you play this. Seriously ! Not because I think you have a weak stomach. No. Just playing a computer game without enough food is a waste of time.

I am a big fan of comic rendering (cel shading), and this is used here *perfectly*. It is the german censored version, what is very sad. But even for this the detail is very ... cruel.

You more or less use a trapped daemon inside you to escape an attack of these guys in the prison suits. Well before that you get to eat in your favorite mob dinner location. It is all very italian and very classy up until the moment shit hits the fan. You have tentacles and weapons. You can throw things with the tentacles and eat the hearts of your victims. Nice.

I really like this game so far. Eating hearts, having daemons as helpers. Where's the catch ? I think I will put this in my queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment