Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bioshock Infinite - It is like eating candy that has razor blades in it that are not hurting just scratching.

STILL PLAYING, TWO RUNS UNTIL NOW



I bought BioShock Infinite in a Humble Bundle not so long ago.

Since then it was laying there like a luxury article bought for a party that was canceled.

So let us, or well me, a look at that. I hesitated because BioShock 2 still invokes memories so full of intensity and clarity that I am nearly sure that Infinite will disappoint me.

On the other hand, now that I now that all three parts are done with the Unreal Engine, nothing can disappoint me.

[FIRST RUN - SPOILERS !]

 Yes. It is Unreal Engine. It looks amazing, mostly. The lighting is done very well. But it still looks like UE3. All over the place. I don't know BioShock 1+2 had this very own feeling, but BS3 looks like UE3 and feels "narrow". The design is simply amazing, even when the NPCs are looking so stiff, I don't know.

What really is fun is the built up. It's like walking through a horror movie and you urgently await the moment where everything turns. It was totally clear but I did not except a racist twist.

[SECOND RUN - SPOILERS !] 

I like the game. The levels are too small, the graphics are neo, but it has feeling. It is like eating candy that has razor blades in it that are not hurting just scratching. Still the facial expressions
suck. Only Elisabeth looks ... good. I think they wanted that. She has vivid expressions and
seems alive, where as all of the other NPCs have static faces.

The story is cliche but fine, the guy who you play is a sympathetic thug. Well. It has not the feeling of craziness that BS 1 and 2 have. I am still figuring out why that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment