Saturday, August 30, 2014

New Blog and another short look into a "classic" ?! - Hitman:Codename 47

 INTERESTING, BUT DUE TO SCRUFFY DESIGN A HARD NUT

First, I am currently working to move this blog to a new self written blog system which will revoluti...make it much more easy to get information presented here in a really innovatio....not so dumb way. It is a lot of work, so it will prolly take a while longer.

Secondly, I acquired Hitman:Codename 47, the first in this series, and since it is from 2000, 300mb big and was one of the first games to have ragdoll simulation (Wikipedia) I am kinda looking forward to this graphical ... whatever.




OK. Before I press play, I have to share this with you.

It actually asks you if you want to use 3Dfx Glide ! THATS A TIME MACHINE ! YEAH !

Right now I wish I had a card and a PC that supports that here. But no. I have lost these treasures over the time. But hmm.







[ FIRST AND LAST RUN ]

Well. The graphics suck. Totally. You start in a cell, and for some reason there is a shooting range in your clinic. You do the obligatory training, just to be in the clinic again. This is so freaking illogical, you barley notice it ! NICE ! There is the classical all knowing voice with an eastern accent, that is very classy.

I did the annoying training, mostly annoying while the interface for taking weapon and stuff is made for 800x600 resolution and is nearly unplayable with higher resolutions. That is bad.

And then you have to escape the clinic, but there is no logical border between the training and the moment when the escape mission starts. So I killed the first guy who shouted "Weapons" when he saw me and the second one, too. (You know after training you want to use your weapons)

But the second one was behind a door, so I realized I AFTER I shot him I need to pretend to be a guard. Well. Ahhh. Mission failed. And guess what. I had to redo the whole training mission. No, but no thank you.

Conclusion : This really might have been a good game back in 2000, but the bad user interface and the slappy mission design makes it unplayable in the 2014's.

For everyone who wants to play the second part, which is next on my franchise study of this series, read up on the Wikipedia to get the actually cool story.

No comments:

Post a Comment