Friday, June 20, 2014

Twitching humble bees and stylish cowboys


Today there was the first Humble Bundle Live Stream on Twitch. Some of the employees of the sympathetic media product selling company with a charity flair were sitting in front of a camera and played a really good looking western arcade action game, called Secret Ponchos.

Even one of the main devs was there giving some answers. I write about cause the game reaalllly looks good (in my taste at least) especially for an indie that is (since Sony is behind is WAS ?)! And cause the Humble Bundle Show was ... interesting.

Well some facts : The game developing crew is working in their cellars and decentralized, they are using Sony's House Engine PhyreEngine, their Lead Artist worked for Batman the Animated Movie, they have 3 full time artists and some freelancing, they nearly got bankrupt before Sony spotted them on this big games convention in 2013, they working on that jewel since 4 1/2 YEARS !!!

I can not say anything specific about the Humble Bundle work force. They seem to have decent offices !





But really its neat. I'm just not sure I like the gameplay, mainly because I didn't test it AND cause its recommended that you play it with GamePad, and only with GamePad. For me that's a problem, my hand hurts when I play to much with GamePads. They say Keyboard/Mouse is coming, but they did not convince me that it is worth playing with this old school combo.

So, if you're in fast action mp shootings with style and good combination of grafx/music/gameplay then give it a try. And if you're liking it buy it as long as its early access.

And buy it on Humble, the performance of these "normal" People sitting in the public and playing Computer Games was too funny to be ignored. So much courage must be rewarded !!! (Especially one of the females saying the classic "How Do I shoot" :))

And yes, they torture themselves every friday now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment