Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PayDay 1 - The heist - aka Lets get into THAT vault- Oh, Is that sexist ???

CURRENT RATING 
FRUSTRATING




Since I am all up for CoOp at this time (even with ppl after 1995) I got myself PayDay 1 - The Heist for 1,49 on Steam.

I always try to start a series with its first appearance, so hmm. And I made a good xp, the PhysX installer recognized that there was a newer version of it installed ! *fireworks*

The start music was decent. Less decent was that the first thing the program showed me was a BIG ADVERTISMENT for a DLC, even in the main menu.

Well, what the hell. Lets go looking for some criminals online to rob a bank. Or two.




These masks. OMG, they are so iconic.Oh well, since the Wolfpack DLC was up for 49 cent, I bought it. Yeah. And now I have to wait for the 1.5 gb to download. Hmm. I need a faster internet connection. But then again. Really ? I will use the time to do some research about the game :

>> Interlude while downloading the DLC

It was made by a Swedish developer named Uppsala. No. By Overkill Software. And they are in Uppsala. That sounds like a German word when you do something stupid. Lol. Now I am confused.
When you click on the Wikilink for Overkill Software, you end up on the page for Starbreeze Studios. I'm currently to lazy to resolve this. Ah 2012 Starbreeze gulped Overkill. Right. PD The Heist was sold 700.000 times. It has 6 Missions, and three in DLC I'm just downloading.Its publisher is Sony Online. I see. 

Only 150.000 sold !


Hmm, fun fact: Starbreeze did a shooter based on Bullfrogs Syndicate Series, Syndicate was one of the reason I fell in love with computer games. TODO: Have to check this shooter, but first play the Syndicate Series again I bought on GoG in a Sale. Yeah and the 2009 Shooter is no where to be found. EA sells the orignal Syndicate on Origin for 4,99 !!! but it does not sell the 2009 shooter version. Yepp even on Starbreezes own page there is no hint where you can buy it. Other channels, then, I suppose. But first playing the old series.

Still 12 Minutes left. Yes, I have a slow connection. PayDay is compared to Left4Dead on the wiki page. Left4Dead is a zombie game. How can that be compared AT ALL ? Damn now I want that Syndicate Shooter. I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE. Hmm.BTW the CEO from Starbreeze Studios looks like a bank robber. Any connection ? (I should do a poll for that here).  So I found it, it is still from 14.99 to 19.99 on GMG and others. Here is a video. Twenty seconds left. Yeah.

>> DLC download finished

Hey, i got the soundtrack for 0.50 cent, and they put in the solo tracks for remixing. NICE.

Single Player

And good day to you, too !
My basic concerns are that I am not good enough for MP and then I have to listen to some stupid 16 year old that I suck. Thanks, but, no thanks. So I played the first heist with my friends the AIs to get a feeling for the game. Well, its well made, but after you killed all the police forces of three whole towns you start to feel a bit "strange". Besides, with so much blood, what you can't see ingame, you couldn't walk over the floor without slipping.
That actually would be a funny thing. Slipping on your victims blood, so you need special shoes.

Well, okai, that's the case with most shooters, I don't tell anyone anything new here. There are quite a few illogical things, but my impression should be made in MP. I don't get the hostages thing though, at least in single player that makes no sense, you cant control them and your AI friends don't do anything either. So they are freed by the police, and I do not understand how to use them as leverage. That's bad for MP.And I am too lazy too google it.

Final but temporary impression

Well, the first mission, the actual heist inside the bank is interessting. When in the next mission its outside, its not that interessting. When the game is played with strangers and without voice chat (god beware of playing with strangers with voice chat, you know the torture in 90% of the cases)
its too hectic and too much enemies without any real orientation. You die.

I didnt play it with co-op mates, most of the coop ppl have move on from this game anyways, and I didnt know much ppl who played it. BUT I can image its too simple to play it with tactical trained coop mp players, at least the ppl I use to play with, and we werent even pro !

So, the idea is good, the graphics for the time were good, the AI of the cops is lets say OK.
The ideas were fresh, many games copied elements from it, no doubt.

I would really like to play it with a good crew on hard. Well, lets see if I find some manicas who like to do that.

Secondary temporary impression

Last night I played it with some sneaky bastards on a complete diffrent coop level. That was actuall fun. But its too much shooting, too less doing. This is the same process I see in other CoOp Shooters.
The tension arises through concentration test and wave high peaks of enemies. Thats all.


No comments:

Post a Comment