Monday, June 23, 2014

3 x Far Cry. Far. Far. Far. Cry. Summer Sale, you make my cry. Let's try the Cry of Ubisoft, maybe its Ubihard or Ubiswollen ?

CURRENT RATING (6h)
TRASHY
FRUSTRATING
FRUSTRATING


UPDATE: I played the whole single player campaign.
Actually a lot of fun, but the moral of it is strange.

 Original text

First off all, I am noticing that I am no longer so much into Single Player campaigns. I think after enjoying them too much in other games, I'm just burned out when it comes to SP Campaigns.

I love playing Co-Op campaigns/missions. I noticed that in BF3.

And perhaps the minor fact that I played only CoOp since OFP thus since 2002 in good clans. But I always enjoyed a good SPC in a FPS.

So I was quite happy to see that FC3 had a CoOp Mode. Trying it before playing the SPC, I hoped to spare me the time of stupid AI and foreseeable story lines. Sadly UPLAY and FC3 seem to be buggy.




Playing CoOp and MP 

CoOp wasn't responding AT ALL, so I tried MP. Whenever I see "Searching for Lobby" I get this short panic and shivering after having spend to much time in CoD Searching Sessions for Lobby's and Matches and what the hell.

But here NOTHING was working. Player were coming in, but the names were not working, only a "Unknown Player" with level 1 was shown, one after another. The chat worked and so i was informed by some other unknown human that MP as well as CoOp wasnt working since Friday, that would be three days then. OK. So I waited and BUMM FC3 crashed.

Path of the defect application: J:\SteamLibrary 3\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3_d3d11.exe
Path of the defect module: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

After having checked Ubieggs support forum I conclude that my crash has none similarity
to crashes other crashed players crashed upon. 3x Crashed. Crashed Cry ?

Yeah. WOW. That is NO good start at all. Thus I guess I have no choice but to try the SPC. *yawns*

In the steam forums nobody else seem to have the MP probelems. They all have CoOp problems. The CoOp matchmaking seem to work fine with me, but then the loading screen loaded forever, until I finally stoped the programm. Whats going on here, Ubibug ?

Update Going Co-OP #2

Well aint grass-root developments nice ? On Steam all the people who could not use CoOp came together in the forums and exchanged UPlay account names. So I was able to find some guys
to play the CoOp mode last night.

Well. Sighs. Its not that good, sadly. Playing together is the only thing thats good about it.
The "story" of a coop mission is trivial, the enemies stupid and what is really a pain in the
ass in the middle of every coop story theres actually a small "Competion" among the four players.
Sighs. Like driving around and collecting bombs. Nice idea, but really destroys the coop feeling.


Single Player Campaign (Sensible Spoiler Alert !!)

Well, well done, Ubismart. The intro mission is fast, furious and incredibly brutal. First you puke, what, I shall play this rich tourist f*ck ? But then his brother, a soldier, is killed and you whimp your way through a jungle. Yeah, thats character development for the XBOX Generation. Then you even get cash by some black young ... I forgot the name of that black actor, damn, it will come back to me later, and voila, your up to safe your family AND shot some pirates with a good ol'revenge theme.

And finally I, the player, I TALK. I'n CoD and the other usual suspect FPSs you always had the feeling your mouth is closed by stiches.

But its more fun than I thougt, the landscape is kinda interessting to explore. And I dont want to spoil but so far one of the mission really surprised me. And the animal hunting and crafting is more fun than one would think.At this point I can say: This is much more pleasant than Far Cry 2.

Certain Topics in general

GRAPHICS: I am disapointed by the graphics so far. Ive got nearly everything on ultra, but it still seems not nice. Things further away showing disortion patterns, the overall lighting is weak and unathmospheric, they texture seem not individual. I have to seriously tweak around with the graphic settings. I had such a good impression of the CryEngine in FarCry 1 und 2. Why am I so dissapointed by it in FC3 so far ??? Was I excepting too much ?

USER INTERFACE: Im a sucker for good UIs, but so far the style and the feeling of the UI is not to my liking. It looks trashy, this blue boxes with pseudo neo-art box-parts. Then you have to press to much ESCs. Seriously. You go into one menu with one click, but to leave it, you have to press 3 times ESC. Thats bad.

SOUNDS : The sound is ehm. Well. For sure I can say that the gunshots shots are really lousy. 

Wired in Gameplay, even for such unlogical phantasy products

* To kill a human, it takes one to three shoots. To kill a Leopard, you need 2 mags of pistol and half a mag of an assault rifle. I should say, I play the game on Hard, but nevertheless. Logic, please !!!

Very annoying is the save option. You can save if you are not in a mission. But you can't load the savegame. Im not sure WHAT the games saves there, but if you die, and then try to load your savegame, its not where you saved that you respawn, its in the nearest godam fast travel point.

Utterly useless. I have a PC why do I need to do the same torture that people on console do have and besides of that isnt that antiquiated even on consoles ??? SAVE HOUSES ???

CONCLUSION AFTER 6 HOURS OF PLAY: This *could* have been a real great game. But as Far Cry 2, the lack of style, continuity and details makes it a game that is sometimes highly entertaining and then crashes to frustrate you out of your MIND.

And then the humor. Whoever wrote the comments has NO idea of humor or good references. Examples will follow later.

And dont get me started on the voice acting of the enemies. I know you have to build up your own style,but what and HOW they say the things they say is so ... annoying. And so repetative. I know everyone has a limited budget and Ubicheap thinks that its customers are brain defective 16year old kids, but three sentences for the bad guys ?! THREE ?! When you sneak upon them, one of the things I actually enjoy in the game, they say "Damn Bugs", "I am bored","Shit Rebels, let them take this waste land". And all they do is pissing somewhere saying "That scratches. I should have taken a rubber". After the third outpost (of 38!) you get so bored by this, it drains the motivation. At least for me, but I am more and more certain that I WAS NOT THE KIND OF CUSTOMER UBIZOMBIE HAD IN MIND.


No comments:

Post a Comment