Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tales from an Island, with a lot of legendary characters, a lot of Monkeys and a UI Interface where you think a 3-year old did it.

CURRENT RATING AFTER 1 OF 5 CHAPTERS
FUNNY




Time for another interesting sequel from the last century...eh decade..In 2009 TTG brought this little gem out, in a time when Lucasarts wasn't gulped by a cartoon character with two big black circles on its head.

When I heard the title music, all was lost. Yes, this song kills me ever since I spend my time click'n'riddling through a subuniverse the first time.

So I was really thrilled to get it cheap on GoG. For some reason I wasn't into the 3D Style of it, so I wasn't willing to pay more than five bugs for it. Honestly. Lets be a pirate, arghh matey !




Well and so its a bit like hmm. It has the 3D Characteristics of a Disney Cartoon Movie and what really shocks me was the interface. But what REALLY annoys me is that no matter what answer you choose in a dialog, the SAME ANSWER will be taken, which has nothing to do with your choice. WTF ? This is a bummer. Seriously.

Well, I have to take the last statement back. This occurred only once, the next dialogs are actually using your answer.

But since I am caught by the absurdity of the ideas, I will give it a try.

Well, its really like a Disney movie gone wrong. These polished 3D visuals don't have the dirty atmosphere of the first two classics, but then again I didn't like the 3D version of MI 3+4 very much.

The dialogs are funny, kinda sexual and working on diffrent levels. Still in the first chapter, but its actually fun. But this movement control reallllllly sucks.

Update Gameplay #1

So after an half an hour or so of doing the obvious things and collecting the obvious collectibles things, I am stuck. There is a hint system, but yet there are no hints given. I will marter my brain a few times more but I am pretttty sure I did everything I could and now its just trying out. I hate trying out in a puzzle game.



Update Gameplay #2

After some serious stucktness I had the hit my head with the flat hand xp while I must admit I looked into same walkthroughs. And yes. As always I overlooked the obvious, even this time I sweared I wouldn't let my nerves go through with me. Then again I nearly did all things right except one...eh...two things. I'm still wondering for whom this game was intended. It is too harsh for kids and in principle too easy for adults. But it has its moments, really, good and funny story writing small pig ribs there.










Official Site
GameFAQS - Walkthrough #1
Another Walkthrough #2

No comments:

Post a Comment