Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pixel Piracy

Yes, since I had exactly 5,02 euro in my steam wallet and since I really am a big fan of Terraria, I thought yeah, let me buy Pixel Piracy. It's from the same team that did Terraria.

You play a pirate captain, and that's about all I know. And you micro manage your pirate crew. And fight other pirates. So well, so aha. I go blindly into it. It "looked" cool.




[ FIRST RUN - STAY TUNED ]

After answering some strange questions which determine the world which will be created you select your pirate. Well and then you get a ton of instructions. Since my brain is set on "sunday evening low energy status", it is a bit much. But it is interesting ! A pirate management game. In 2D. Sidescroller Style. Ok. If you say "Go On", then stay with me, if not, go play Destiny or some other ripoff lol.

Conclusion - I am not sure how this could happen. But as much as Terraria is defining it's genre and is flawless executed, this game however is so TRASHY that you just do not know what to say.

It is boring. Not even uninspired, a few really neat ideas, good music. But the graphics are crude, the user interface totally illogical and unordered.

I am not sure WHY OH WHY, Relogic you did that. I guess you just wanted to make a quick bug with the fame you got from Terraria. Well. Sad. Just ... sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment