Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Since I feel like s*it, I can test some s*it. What about Dracula:Origin ?

A dracula themed game ? Are you crazy, you might ask. Yes, I might be.

But beside I have so bad mood, it can not get any worse. Ok, that is not true either, but well.

The game is Dracula:Origin. It is from 2008. Its creator calles itself "Frogwares".

It has a metascore of 70. And uses 2800 MB. So far, so bloody.


[ INSTALLATION ]
Some of these days I am gonna analyse the steam installation scripts. But hey this game makes no problems. And it uses native 16:9 resolution. Nice.

[ FIRST RUN - ABOUT 10 Minutes ]

Yeah. It starts with a video of a guy texting at you the usual cliches about vampires. *yawns*
This holy water crap. I can not hear it anymore. Some worldy smug says some words to water
and then this water gets holy. Yeah. Sure. For me, the old legends are loosing its power.

Yes. The graphics are in a 4:3 box, so it is not really modern resolution. And it is a point and click adventure. Some murder has happend and you have to play a vampire hunter in the 18 centuy.

The graphics are nicley done,  the music fine and the animations ok. But reading all these newspapers and then doing your own clues on a chokeboard , well, if you like that, it is nice I think.

It seems to be more or less a Sherlock Holmes style adventure with vampires and without Dr.Watson.

I am not sure what disturbs me. I am not sure I will play this game again. But you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment