Wednesday, September 10, 2014

TNTT : Tonight's time travel : Medieval II : Total War

Well. Just a quick look at some of the past hits laying around on my magnetic disc holder.

I mean, yes, Total War : Rome, the original Nr.1,  can not be beaten. Never. They tried.

But I heard this one should be ok. And I like Medieval. So let me fire it up, Knights of the round table.

After three runs I come to my conclusion. Read more...



[ FIRST RUN - 15 MINUTES]

The tutorial in the steam version is broken.
Yes. Total War. Like Total War:Rome, just other units, bit better graphics (No real 16:9 though) and well it is England. Reading up on the basic history stuff is recommend, only if you know the story of England's history with Denmark and stuff it is interesting in my opinion.

The first part of the tutorial is a battle. Nice, it is like TW:R but with as I stated before medieval units.

But then we have this feeling Sega has no QA. In the second tutorial you move Rufus, your general. You do that, and you CAN NOT move it, as requested to the ship to go back to Normandy to secure Caen. This is ridiculous. The tutorial in the steam version is actually broken. You can steer the boat inside the red circle about 20 times from left to right then you can end the turn. But this is so whack.

[ SECOND RUN - 30 MINUTES ]

So. I am assaulting London. All nice. But here comes the second "what-the-f*ck". Besides the enemy AI is stupid, well that's ok, the path finding for the own troops is SO OUT OF ORDER, that you can not use it except for stupid straight forward attacks. No joke, they just do the opposite. I order them to a crossroad, not too much units at once, so there should be enough room. Half of them go over the wall in the opposite direction. This is a joke. It wasn't that bad in any of the TW I played before.

This totally frustrates me. I want to play this age. But this is....really frustrating.

[ THIRD RUN - 2 HOURS 30 MINUTES ]

So. This is Total War. It is exactly the same like Total War : Rome BUT between 1200 and a few centuries. If you like Total War and you can ignore the many little strange things, then this game is fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment