Monday, September 15, 2014

Humble Flash Bundle: Shmups!

Humble Flash Bundle: Shmups!

Five pixel orientated shoot em ups. I am not a big fan. Then again I played Xennon 2 like crazy.

So. Hurry if you want the same Humble Flash Bundle...well thats over...but you can read the tests here.

1. Really Big Sky
2.  Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender
3. Syder Arcade

To be done :

4.Danmaku Unlimited 2
5.Crimzon Clover: World Ignition 


1. Really Big Sky

Well. I remember now why I like this kind of games. Well, some of them. This one, Really Big Sky,
is a vertical scroller.

But it is very visual, the enemies change fast. You have some guy who makes sometimes funny comments in British English. And it is a strange combination of modern 3D particle and atmosphere effects mixed with pixel art. First impression was positive.

OK, the music is a bit to calculated and a bit nerving mixture of pop-disco electro with flattened chip tunes.

2.  Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender

You play a diving Kitty, I think. Stationary 2D shooter so far you have to defend some divers from evil fishs and some qualle that tries to steal them out of the ocean.

Very well executed pixel graphics, nice chip tune sounds. Good times. I played it 15 minutes, I will certainly try again.




3. Syder Arcade

Hmm. This is a vertical shoot'em'up in 3D in 2D. The first look gives a good impression. Could not play longer than three minutes. I am not sure why yet. Just a feeling.


There are two more games in the Bundle I havent even look at it. Comming soon !


No comments:

Post a Comment