Friday, December 26, 2014

Imagine the most beautifull game of 2014, with a really good story. And salute to Ethan

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter from Astronouts Games is for the most astonishing peace of art I played this close-to-an-end year.

I don't want to spoil any even so little part of the story, perhaps only that you play a Detective with a power for special "cases" who tries to rescue a boy in danger. Nuff said.







It is an exploration game, so no pew pew and item farming, just walking, thinking, feeling and ... exploring. It is a story lived and driven by your curiosity.

Amnesia-The dark Descent is a bit similar, but yet totally different.
Vanishing is no horror genre game. And Amnesia looks like middle ages compared to this. Only the way the story is transported is a bit similar.




But wait, I could actually talk for hours about the graphics.

So, then let me talk about the music first, it is very good, from Mikolai Stroinski.


Perfectly adapting to the scenarios, enhancing the *dada* visual feast.

Ever heard of Photogrammetry for f*ck sake ????

You should. It is the future in my opinion, especially with the retarded eye classes, you know these "whos-farting-in-my-face-now" things on your head, this occultus riftz thing. You know what I mean.
(Yes, I am not a fan of those, at least not yet, but that's another topic)

Well, Photogrammetry, read it for yourself, is basically taking a lot of images and then some math freaks and optic genies let an algorithm do most of the rest and TADA: you have a 3D object looking so close to reality that every texture- and model can go where the pepper grows. (German proverb)


Conclusion : GET THIS GAME if you understood what I tried to convey and if youre into story telling with the new format that will eventually replace movies.

First check out the system requirements, though. I am not sure what you need, it runs fine on my well equipped machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment