Sunday, December 14, 2014

Come out of the Shadow, Warrior. Or perhaps, hey, you know what, stay there.

This is the only cinematic shot I was able to make so far
Since it has some kind of old school history, I was really curious of the new version of the 2013
Shadow Warrior.








And it's trailer was really looking promising. When it was like 4 bugs on Steam or somewhere, I thought, well, why not, some Sword'n'Slash with an old school flair, lets rooooll !

Kids, dont do this at home if you are not a rabbit
But after playing it a bit, it was like, hmm. The story reminds me of Darkness II, the daemon style as well. But ok, the voice acting is done tight, good music.

There is actually wild life. Well, rabbits. And everytime you dont look, or look, it doesnt matter, they hump each other. Is this a hidden critique on nerds having not enough sex ?




But the level design, omg, the level design. Small, cramped levels, like made out of 10 single elements, and looking like things from let us say, 2009, not 2013.


Well, yes thank you for the Sex Ed !
The combat is fast, very repetitive, and despite the relatively original weapons and ideas, the special moves are not that good and a bit "unclean". Did I hit them with that ? Did I hit anything with that blow ? Should I use my guns ?
I found this hidden area where the original comes through
So. I will play it cause it's humor. And due to the lack of something similar with more style.

But this is a wasted opportunity to make a classic. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment