Friday, July 4, 2014

Germany beats France in Worldcup. I rather go and test "Killing Floor".

OK FOR CASUAL ROUNDS, GOOD IF YOURE FAN OF THE GENRE


Where are my little Monsters ? Come to DADDY !
Yes, I know. No Zombie Blog ? But is it a zombie game ? It was on sale, I liked the name, and in the television highly paid zombies were chasing a leather things, thus I will try it.

So time for a survival game. At least its not DayZ (which ruined Arma somehow) or The Forest (which is so early access that you can see the source code) !

I'm just getting a coffee, then I will start it up without bias.

Uhhh ! Its from Tripwire. They made I think Red Orchestra 1&2, a realistic tactical WW2 FPS I really liked ! Well, let's go !
First of all. The menu looks REALLY BAD. Ugly fonts, ugly dimensions, ugly everything. I wonder
if thats by choice, if so, they did an amazing job.

Good. Played a few rounds offline. For a game a bit older and made with Unreal 3, it looks really good. Those guys from Tripwire know how to use lighting to create athmosphere. And the texture all well done. New for me is the fact that you can not really run, you can switch to knife and walk a bit faster, but that's it.

It is much like "Dead Space" Multiplayer (that reminds me I have to test mp in death space 2&3) in different scenarias, a farm, a circus, a battlefield like industrial complex. The monsters are fast, nasty and very well designed.

Well theres nothing much more to say. I will try it multiplayer online, perhaps then a deeper insight comes up. Until then, solid FPS with clear multiplayer coop flair.

Ah and most important perhaps : No crosshair !!!!!

So I played a few more rounds of multi player. It is ! entertaining. The levels who are not made by
Tripwire but by the community are most of the time weired, unplayable twists or straight out of any balance, but nevertheless this game is alive.

The DLC policy is a bit hardcore. Paying 3x times what the game costs for more than a few basic weapons is creepy in my opinion. There are too few types of monsters imo.

But well. It is really not my cup of tee. But it is far more entertaining than everything I have tested and played in this area so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment