Thursday, October 30, 2014

Uhhhh Uhhhhhhh UHHHHH UHHHH -A Reckless Disregard for Game Names

I am afraid the pool of good names for computer games is getting smaller every time an indie company opens up, so yeah, mostly every ten seconds.

But what you know, theres always someone who is using this to his advantage : "AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity" from Dejobaan Games, LLC.

I stumpled on it cause it is one of the first games I know of made with the new not yet available to the public Unity3D Version 5 !

The welcome screen and the music and the slogan "We make computer games since several hundred years" is promising, so let me have a look.

[ AFTER FIRST RUN ]

I like the design. The game itself. Well it has more the appeal of a graphic demo form a programmer student in 2005 to me.

You fall down somewhere and have to keep close to objects. I didnt play much longer because hmm I dont know it is kinda...stupid ? Like really stupid ?

What I am trying to say is, I like stupid, but I need something to justify the stupidiy. A story. One NEW idea. One thing that keeps me going. Just to fall down and hug and kiss some meshes, I do not know dear Dejobaan Games.

The design is well done, some good ideas, awesome music.

But thats about it. NEEEEXT !

No comments:

Post a Comment