Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2011 : Red Faction Armageddon

As I wrote in this "blog" a "long time" ago, I enjoyed Red Faction: Guerilla. It had serious destruction, for 2009 a relative acceptable open world, a cliche-using but well transported storyline and it was fun to play for more than a few hours. I did not finish it, but I would in another life, for sure ! It was well made in every case.

So now I will have a fast look at Red Faction Armageddon, just for the sake of it. What happened between 2009 and 2011 ? Let me have a look, then.





[ FIRST RUN - 2 HOURS OR SO ]

Well. Well. Well. No more open world. Instead a linear plot, at least for now, but I start to give up hope that there will be a similar open world like in the previous installment.

Instead you are fighting your way against aliens or alien-like creatures under the surface of mars.

And what really annoys me beside the linear plot are the many, many, many, many cut scenes. Besides a game where the cut-scenes have worse graphics than the actual in game graphics is a bit weired. But ok. It is five years later.

But hmm. I like the user interface, the graphics are a bit dark.

Ah and : Of course you are not longer suppressed by some dark cooperation. No, of course, terrorists are now the source of all evil and you are part of the establishment.

Well. It is well done. I doubt I will play it much more. But I will try it the next days to look if there is some change in it or if the world has really become so *linear*.

No comments:

Post a Comment