Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Yes. Why do I even bother ? Making History: The Calm & the Storm

In my new segment, "Yes, why do I even bother", I test games which were cheap on Steam and which look like you would have no reason to test them *at all* at first glance. Only condition I set was that they have to have mostly positive reviews from Steam Users. That's about it.

I even made this amazing logo to the left for it, so you can always see, well, what the ****, why did he even bother ?


My first game in the new series is "Making History: The Calm & the Storm" from Muzzy Lane and I bought it for 0.79 . It looks like some kind of war strategy map game.

[ FIRST RUN - 10 minutes ]

Well. The game itself seems done with care, but perhaps not with the number of people in the team you need to do this kind of game. The design is mediocre, playable, but mediocre. The music is soft generic war synth music. It has all elements of a good strategy war game, but it lacks an unified design core.

Well the icons are not really understandable. But I could tolerate this.

But then they made the error I can not tolerate. THE TUTORIAL IS BROKEN.  That is a no-go. Well, if a game says at the beginning the tutorial takes 30 minutes, that is also not very clever, but well, honest. BUT ITS BROKEN. That is an absolute no-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment