Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Freebie On Origin, Hurry, Theme Hospital

My life is keeping me from testing the many steam games I bought at the winter sale, and besides RL I am working hard on my "art" game in Unity.

BUT head over to Origin and get Theme Hospital.

It is sooo 1997 and the humor is actually getting "modern" again.
When you see Darth Vader and the main boss from this dungeon management game in the reception of a hospital...I forgot the name you think, OK, wtf.




[AFTER ONE HOUR]

Well. I started with the basic level on "Easy" level. And yeah, I am amused. The game is a simple combination of lets say 20 values, but as it is with complexity, it quickly rises.

The little details of this Bullfrog Classic are heartwarming.

After the first level and the good and logical yet so badly 90ies design but I love it hour you get additional elements level by level.

You earn your money and you buy additional building areas.

It gets a bit "mechanical" after the first structure setup is running and working, but little things like
many people coming in with the same disease at once and other little stuff always tests your structure and keeps you on the toe.

I would not have thought it, but this game is actually quite good. And it is not retro. It is real 1997.



No comments:

Post a Comment