Saturday, July 11, 2015

How to waste a sunday ! #1

Oh, it is Sunday !? Time to read deep philosophical material, learn some new javascript shit, meet friends or learn to survive with only two meters of nylon ? NO !

Let me rather waste some precious time on those games that are buried deep inside my steam games library vault, ok ?

Halfway through ?

First I found Halfway, a game published by the makers of Starbound, which I rather enjoyed, before I found the third high security prison planet in a row, Chucklefish.

It is from 2014, nice pixel art, and it is a tactical based RPG using the good old isometric view. Good looking interface, atmospheric music.





Could it have something to do with that SOS call ?

Story ? Ah yeah, it's a generic "Hey, big corporations are ruling, send out big ships to colonize the galaxy, but suddenly, ops, the ships are not coming back and vanish without a trace." story line. And of course, you play on of the guys on that first vanishing ship. So much for pathos, but ok !

Well done. But hey.

It seems to be very well done. It is clearly a child of the retro pixel art hype, but seems to be a very solid of its kind. When I want to play a Iso-Tactical-RPG I still want to finish Shadowrun and some other first. If you are into retro pixel art and this genre, this might be interesting, I am a bit bored by the story, though. But it will stay in my library, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment