Sunday, August 30, 2015

Free Steam Weekend ARK : Survival Evolved

Well, I thought its free, it looks nice AND IT HAS DINOS !

I downloaded the 6.5 GB on friday and remembered it just an hour ago.

It is early access, and it costs 30 bugs. Hmm. The first time I ran it it crashed with an OpenGL error.

The next time it worked when I joined an official server and I had fun making an absurd looking character, actually, I can not remember a game where you can misuse the body parameters like that.

Actually here I was first annoyed by the cheap looking user interface.

Then I joined the world and had a FPS of five while the resolution was 1600:900 and it looked bad.
I managed to put it on native resolution and put it on medium. Still it was unsharp, ugly and not 16:9 !

Ok, I thought and started to walk around. Some wood structures were placed by someone on a beach.
Then I saw my first dinosaurs. It was a friendly one so I punched it with my bare hands. It attacked me. Well. It tried. It rotated itself on the place and then started to walk into a tree where it got stucked.

I walked around, got some green jelly into my eyes from some small jumpy thing, yes, the one out of Jurassic Park that killed the traitor.

Then I tried to get smart of the user interface, but it looked so ugly and unstructured I lost my interest fast.

Well. It is early access. It was free. Perhaps they can fix all these things, cause it certainly is a nice idea and the graphics as far as I can say it are really nice, I at least imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment